- Smart start. The intelligent motor soft starter comes with various startup modes, including limited current startup mode, voltage ramp startup mode, sudden start mode, current ramp startup and voltage current limiting double closed-loop startup.
- Multifunctional operation panel. LCD display for soft starter displays parameters intuitively, easy to operate.
- High continuity terminals. Reliable soft starter features high-conductivity terminals made of quality and thickened material and good electrical conductivity is available.
- Powerful cooling. The motor soft starter provides effective heat dissipation protection so as to quickly reduce the operating temperature.
- Multiple protections in one machine. Smart motor soft starter is available with overcurrent, overload, overheat, low voltage, high voltage, load short circuit, output phase loss, input phase loss, three-phase unbalance protections.
- High and low temperature resistance. Soft starter is made of industrial grade ABS plastics with high impact resistance, high heat resistance, stable and good performance.
Product Name: Intelligent Motor Soft Starter
Capacity: 40 hp (30 kW)
Current: 60A at 380V
Input Voltage*: Three phase 220V, 240V, 380V, 400V, 415V, 440V, 460V, 480V, 690V
Frequency: 50Hz/ 60Hz
Adaptive Motor: Squirrel-cage three-phase asynchronous motor
Starting Times: It is recommended not to exceed 20 times per hour.
1) Operation panel control.
2) Operation panel + external control.
3) External control.
4) External control + COM control.
5) Operation panel + external + COM control.
6) Operation panel + COM control.
7) COM control.
8) No start or stop operation.
1) Current-limiting to start.
2) Voltage ramp to start.
3) Torque control + current-limiting to start.
4) Torque control + voltage ramp to start.
5) Current ramp to start.
6) Voltage current-limiting double closed-loop start.
1) Soft stop.
2) Free stop.
1) Open loop protection for external instantaneous stop terminals.
2) Over-heat protection for soft starter.
3) Protection for too long starting time.
4) Input open phase protection.
5) Output open phase protection.
6) Unbalanced three-phase protection.
7) Starting over current protection.
8) Running overload protection.
9) Under voltage protection for power voltage.
10) Overvoltage protection for power voltage.
11) Protection for fault parameter setting of the soft starter.
12) Load short circuit protection.
13) Auto restart or incorrect wiring protection.
14) Incorrect wiring protection of external control stop terminals.
Place to be used: Indoor location with good ventilation free from corrosive gas and conductive dust.
Altitude: Below 1000M. It has to increase the soft starter rate power when the altitude is more than 1000M.
Humidity: ≤90% RH (without dew condensation)
Enclosure: IP 20
Cooling: Natural wind cooling.
Certification: CE, ISO9001
Warranty: 12 months
Outline Dimension (W1*H1*D): 145*270*160mm
Installation Dimension(W2*H2*d): 130*245*M6
Weight: 3.5 kg
Note: This model of soft starter is without bypass, you need to connect external AC contactor. If you want the soft starter with built-in bypass where there is a AC contactor inside, please visit here 40 hp (30 kW) Soft Starter with Built-in AC Contactor.
Softer Starter Outline & Installation Dimension (Unit: mm)
Soft Start Wiring Diagram
Soft Starter Details
- Simple control panel. The control panel can be removed to clean, easy to operate, real-time data display on LCD screen.
- Smart mainboard. Soft starter features fast response, multi-functions.
- Power control transformer. It comes with energy saving, circulating circuit, high quality coils with insulation isolation.
- Mutual inductor. the mutual inductor makes the soft starter more standard for measuring instruments, protection equipment and automatic control equipment.
Soft Starter Applications
The soft starter well suits motor, water pump, mixer, air compressor, conveyor, gravel crusher, etc.
KNOWLEDGE BASE ---
Why do you need a soft starter?
1) Soft starter plays a vital role to power up the three-phase asynchronous motor smoothly. By connecting such motors to the power supply system without soft starter to start (hard start) will generate a surge current up to 5~7 times the rated current of the motor. Ultimately, this will make the power supply system and the switchgear connected in series overloaded.
2) Direct starting will also produce a higher peak torque, which will not only impact the drive motor, but also damage the mechanical device. Additionally, it will also affect the normal operation of other electrical equipment connected to the same grid.
3) Soft starter for squirrel-cage asynchronous motor does not only change the starting features of the motor to protect the drag system, but also ensure the reliable starting of the motor, and reduce the starting impact. Therefore, with the rapid development of power electronic technology, intelligent electronic soft starter will be more widely used.