A soft starter is a solid-state system or device that protects AC electric motors from damage. 380V (280 kW) soft starter features 560A at 380V input voltage and other voltages 220V/ 240V/ 400V/ 480V are optional. High performance soft starter well suits centrifugal pump, bill grinder, fan, piston compressor, light load motor, hoist machinery, mixer, crusher screw compressor, pump, etc.
- Smart start. The intelligent motor soft starter comes with various startup modes, including limited current startup mode, voltage ramp startup mode, sudden start mode, current ramp startup and voltage current limiting double closed-loop startup.
- Multifunctional operation panel. LCD display for soft starter displays parameters intuitively, easy to operate.
- High continuity terminals. Reliable soft starter features high-conductivity terminals made of quality and thickened material and good electrical conductivity is available.
- Powerful cooling. The motor soft starter provides effective heat dissipation protection so as to quickly reduce the operating temperature.
- Multiple protections in one machine. Smart motor soft starter is available with overcurrent, overload, overheat, low voltage, high voltage, load short circuit, output phase loss, input phase loss, three-phase unbalance protections.
- High and low temperature resistance. Soft starter is made of industrial grade ABS plastics with high impact resistance, high heat resistance, stable and good performance.
- Simple control panel. The control panel can be removed to clean, easy to operate, real-time data display on LCD screen.
- Smart mainboard. Soft starter features fast response, multi-functions.
- Power control transformer. It comes with energy saving, circulating circuit, high quality coils with insulation isolation.
- Mutual inductor. the mutual inductor makes the soft starter more standard for measuring instruments, protection equipment and automatic control equipment.
The soft starter well suits motor, water pump, mixer, air compressor, conveyor, gravel crusher, etc.
KNOWLEDGE BASE --- How does soft starter achieve light load and energy saving?
A squirrel cage induction motor is an inductive load and the current in the stator coil windings lags the voltage during operation. If the working voltage of the motor remains unchanged, the power factor is low when it is under light load. And the power factor is high when it is under heavy load. The soft starter can reduce the motor terminal voltage, improve the power factor, reduce the copper consumption and iron consumption of the motor so as to achieve the purpose of light load and energy saving under light load. When the load is heavy, the motor terminal voltage is increased to ensure the normal operation of the motor.